Check out this BYOD Read Ahead presentation for:
THE MULE-BONE: A COMEDY OF NEGRO LIFE IN THREE ACTS
by Langston Hughes & Zora Neale Hurston
We hope you enjoy this Read Ahead presentation.
You can create your own Read Ahead presentations!
Read Ahead lets users create guided, focused reading activities in seconds.
- Can be applied to any digital content *Students or teachers can automagically transform any digital text into a reading presentation in seconds. This means it can be used in ALL classes for reading assignments on any subject.
- Finds key ideas for you *Our Smart Skimmer chooses key words and phrases from the text to help readers get synapses firing off about concepts in passages before they read them. This is proven to help readers cross-reference, establish schema and make predictions.
- Quickly integrates with any Vocabulary list *Users can apply our Smart Skimmer, select from a library of standardized vocabulary lists, like Common Core, or flexibly choose all their own words and phrases.
- Works as an authentic assessment *Read Ahead lets users choose key ideas and create reading presentations that can be compared against norms for assessment.
READ AHEAD SETS USERS FREE FROM STATIC LIBRARIES OF CONTENT AND TRADITIONAL FORMS OF ASSESSMENT.
- Increases time spent reading *Amount of time spent reading correlates directly with reading comprehension ability.
- Differentiates reading instruction *Differentiated reading instruction is a broadly substantiated and accepted foundation of literacy instruction.
- Reinforces vocabulary *Gains in vocabulary have been associated with gains in comprehension, while gains in comprehension have accompanied gains in vocabulary.
- Stimulates predictive inferences *Inferencing and prediction are critical to the reading process.